Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Swamp Monsters & Mummy Meatloaf - Halloween Day 2

There are so many fun recipes and ideas online for turning ordinary food into halloween themed meals. This was super easy and my kids actually ate it. I used one of my regular meatloaf recipes ( i have a million) but for this one i did a simple one:

Easy meatloaf:
  • 2 pounds of ground beef - lean
  • about a 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
  • about a 1/2 cup of imos style pizza sauce
  • garlic to taste
  • imos style shredded cheese ( about 1/2 cup)
Mix it up in a bowl and form it like a mummy on a cookie sheet.
Bake 350 for about a hour.

 
For the swamp monsters i used veleeta mac n cheese made per instructions them you fill muffin tins with it and bake at 350 for about 15 min. Then put them on a bed of sauteed greens in my case spinach as my kids actually like it. I know pretty odd huh. lol
 
Anyway you are suppose to use sliced olives for eyes but i didn't have any so any condiment will work in a pinch. The kids thought it was SO cool. And dinner time wasn't a fight. In my experience anytime you make food fun kids will eat.
 
Check out the other "12 Days of Halloween" Participants