Friday, November 25, 2011

DIY - Homemade Cheese Sticks

One of my favorite foods to get while im out to dinner or something is cheese sticks. Something about this little fried chunk of cheese gets my mouth watering. For me the frozen variety's sold at stores just dont do it for me and always leave me unsatisfyed. Well that is a problem i dont have to face anymore. I can have hot fresh cheese sticks in a matter of minutes that are just as good as the ones you get out somewhere for 8 dollars.

Recipe for 2 Bite Cheese Sticks:
Get yourself some string cheese ( you know the kind the kids love)
Decide how many you want then how many you need lol
Cut them in half once
Roll them in flour
Dip them in a egg/h2o mix
Then into a seasoned bread crumb mixture ( i add in more seasoning like garlic, Parmesan, ect)
Freeze them for about 5 min while your oil gets hot. (Not to hot!!!)
I cook mine on about a 4 on my gas stove
Cook about 2 or 3 at a time or they will melt before you get to them all.
As soon as they turn golden you will hear them start to pop louder that's when you get them bad boys out and onto a paper towel lined plate.