Monday, June 9, 2014

Creamy Cheesey Tortellini {Recipe}

I love trying recipes from pinterest and I will say a lot of the time they are hit or miss for me. Im not one to really follow directions and I always try to put my own spin on things since my taste buds love me some flavor. I came across this recipe and knew it would be a keeper.





1 package of chicken broth (32 oz)
1 package of your favorite tortellini (I used a frozen bag of cheese)
1 lb spicy italian sausage (I used ground beef)
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano - I used original)
8 oz. Cream Cheese


The original recipe found here calls for you to cook this in a crock pot but I just didn't have the time so I adjusted the recipe and directions to suit my needs. It cooked up very fast and was delicious.


Step 1: Boil the frozen cheese tortellini in the chicken brooth I added just a tiny bit of water.


Step2: Cook the ground beef in a skillet I added a little seasoning such as garlic, lawrys, and Italian season blend.


Step 3: Drain off grease from meat and add cream cheese and tomatoes to the skillet. Cook till warm and melted.


Step 4: Drain noodles and add to the skillet. You can add just a little of the broth if you would like if you need to thin down the sauce a bit it does get thick as it cools.