Thursday, November 17, 2011

Paint A Vase.... Tutorial

I have been on a major DIY kick lately. It could be that the holidays are fast approaching and my instincts kick in to spruce up the house or it could be that i have been stressed and this is my release but either way i love it. I have lived in this house going on 5 years now and never decorated. I know many of you are astounded huh. Well when i moved in i was pregnant with little miss Abby, on bed rest due to high risk so getting the house painted and boxes moved in was a big accomplishment for me. Then i got busy and blah blah blah... You all know how it goes. So know is my time to shine i guess.

I looked into purchasing decor, updates, ect and lets just say pretty much everything was out of my $ range so i am doing it all on my own. ( minus power tool stuff im not allowed to touch them for good reason lol)

This project was fast simple and would suit any room any style and color ect. I plan on doing several more for all the rooms in my house. Well lets move on to the project.

Paint A Vase:
Pretty much just as the title says, your painting a vase.

What you need:
Get yourself a vase (mine was permanently stained so i chose it)
A can of spray paint
Hot glue & gun...duh
Little piece of ribbon



  • First start out by making sure the vase in clean and dust free.
  • Then if you want use the hot glue gun to write or decorate the vase. I wrote the kanji characters for family and the word "Family" below it.


  • After the glue dries take it outside and spray it. Make sure you keep the paint about 6 inches away and do small short sprays so it doesn't run.
  • You may have to do this a few times to get all the nooks and crannies.
  • Allow to dry fully and adorn it with a coordinating ribbon.


This one is for my bedroom it is a brown and green Asian inspired theme. Perfect....