Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cheeseburger cupcakes....Say what?

One of my besties posted this idea on their wonderful blog and i knew i had to make it with my spin on it. You can find her post over at randomosity.

I can NEVER seem to make a recipe as written and i never measure anything. If you have been following my blog you know this. lol So here is my spin on this idea. I cooked my lean ground beef in a skillet with diced onion, dry mustard, garlic, and a little Lawry's. Once done i removed from heat and stirred in some ketchup. While it cools flatten out a can of grands jr. biscuits. put it in the muffin tins, fill with meat mix top with shredded cheese and bake about 20 min or so til biscuit is done.

While they bake make some cheddar mashed potatoes, fill piping bag. Remove cupcakes from the oven and top with the mashed potato icing. My family loved them and even i really liked it and i HATE ground beef.

The best thing about them is they re-heat well and are great to pop in a lunch box.